How to Fit a N Type
- Cut the coaxial cable to length as needed.
- Slide the backing nut, rubber washer, rubber gasket and clamp down the cable and out of the way.
- Insert the end of the cable into the wire stripper, removing 1/2 inch of insulation.
- Slide the white inner plastic dielectric tubing into the stripper, removing 3mm of this material.
- Slide the clamp back up the cable. Fold the braided shielding evenly over the surface of the clamp.
- Slide the nickel pin over the copper centre conductor, butting firmly against the white plastic dielectric. Apply a small bead of solder through the hole on the nickel pin with the preheated soldering iron.
- Press the outer fitting body over the end of the cable and pin, also pressing tightly against the white dielectric.
- Slide the connector parts back up the cable, seating each into the outer connector body. Screw the backing nut into the connector body to complete the termination.